Mini Swords like Victorian British Guards?

stratasfan

I am making a uniform for one of Sis' 18" (a boy American Girl doll) dolls. He needs a sword. This doll is getting a rack of costumes so that he can dress up like all different members of a British family, from 1066 to modern. Well, I want a sword to go with some uniforms from the Crimean War period. (One young man was in the 1st Life Guards, one in the Coldstream Guards, one in the Grenadier Guards in the early 1860s, etc.) I need a nice generic sword to use with a bunch of uniforms. I saw that there is a 1902 US Infantry Officer's mini sword letter opener. Was wondering if anyone knows of any mini swords that would work for a project like this, particularly something that could stand in for British Guardsmen's sword? Thanks for any thoughts! Would love to see any pictures of mini swords that you have, as I'd get a good idea of what I can look for!

I have quite a few miniature US and German swords. I imagine there are also mini-British swords that can be found. Most older miniature swords were German made and you can search for them in places such as ebay under these names or as letter openers.

I have one Prussian Police doll from the 1920s that i have paired with an appropriate German sword. This Schutzpolizei doll was only sold for one year at Christmas time so they are quite scarce. Anyway, I think this is the look you are after.

Schupo doll2.JPG

Schupo doll head2.JPG

Schupo doll helmet.JPG

Schupo doll maker.JPG

Hi! Thanks for the picures! Your doll is amazing. Here are pics of the two dolls I am looking to find swords for.

This is Eliot, who is an 18" doll, made by American Girl (he is an AG friend). He is the one who is getting the costume rack, with multiple uniforms:

post-185332-0-21159200-1542140410_thumb.jpg

post-185332-0-90811600-1542140421_thumb.jpg

This is a 17" fashion doll - Trent. I have five of these to turn into five brothers (the sons of the Lord Lt. of Ireland). One was in the 1st Horse Guards, one in the Coldstream Guards, one in the Grenadier Guards, one in the Royal Navy, and one was a Diplomat. So, I need swords for four of these. --

post-185332-0-72665600-1542140558_thumb.jpg

Now, Eliot is 18" and Trent is 17" tall, but notice how different in scale. So, I'm hoping to find swords that would make do for both. I have some Noble Collection Lord of the Rings/Hobbit letter openers, and they fit Trent, but not Eliot.

These miniature swords come in several different sizes. Of course the larger ones have better detail. You just have to look for the right size for your figure.

here are some US sword examples.

Mini 1902 swords large & small.JPG

Mini US swords 2.JPG

Mini US swords.JPG

Oh, thanks! Lots of different types, I see! What type of sword is the far right on the top group picture? Something like that might be similar to the RN sword.

That is a mini- Model 1852 US Navy Officer sword. Actually quite similar to the Royal Navy Officer sword so it should work. These are not hard to find and the older German made ones (marked "Germany") on the blades are of high quality and detail. I would expect to pay around $50. for a nice older one with a scabbard.