Anyone know who wore this Partisan tab?

Tonomachi

I've had this Partisan tab for awhile and so far no one has been able to identify who wore it. I'm guessing this was worn by an English speaking country or maybe by an occupied foreign country being liberated by the allies so armed partisans needed a way to be recognized. The red color background and white lettering reminds me of the WW2 POLAND tab. Any ideas?

post-185261-0-29846200-1542232401_thumb.jpg

post-185261-0-91827800-1542232433_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why a partisan would want to identify themselves as such during the war, their incognito is what kept them alive. After all, Germans hunted them so aggressively that they made an award in three classes just for doing so. If anything, maybe worn after the war when their own governments were again in charge, but I would still imagine they would have chosen a word like 'Resistance' vice Partisan

Partisans/resistance/sympathizers had much more subtle ways of identifying themselves amongst each other...for instance in Norway members often ran a cord through the pierced center of pre-war coins bearing the King's 'H7' monogram and wore it around their necks...it became so pervasive that the Germans would confiscate them if they found them

I don't know why a partisan would want to identify themselves as such during the war, their incognito is what kept them alive. After all, Germans hunted them so aggressively that they made an award in three classes just for doing so. If anything, maybe worn after the war when their own governments were again in charge, but I would still imagine they would have chosen a word like 'Resistance' vice Partisan

Partisans/resistance/sympathizers had much more subtle ways of identifying themselves amongst each other...for instance in Norway members often ran a cord through the pierced center of pre-war coins bearing the King's 'H7' monogram and wore it around their necks...it became so pervasive that the Germans would confiscate them if they found them

I do see it used as an immediate post-war identifier by those countries that honored their underground forces. From what I remotely understand (and I could be wrong), some partisan forces were granted soldier status and allowed to wear the national uniform. I'm thinking of countries such as France, Holland, and etc,. The construction, materials, and aging/wear- I like what I see.