Imperial Russia - Would love to see pics of original items!

stratasfan

Particularly from the period of Tsar Nicholas I to Nicholas II. (Crimean War to Revolution). Sis and I have always been interested in Imperial Russia during the hundred years before the Revolution, and it is hard to find actual photos of item. So, Sis and I were tlaking about something, and I thought I would ask for pics. If anyone has items, would love to see pics! Uniforms, hats, medals, etc. :)

How about an Imperial Faberge Easter Egg with a Red Cross motif?

This one was created in the midst of 1915 during World War I.

It featured members of the House of Romanov in Red Cross uniforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cross_with_Imperial_Portraits_(Faberg%C3%A9_egg)

I was lucky enough to see this at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond this summer.

https://www.vmfa.museum/collections/faberge-and-russian-decorative-arts/

The folded screen of portraits was a "surprise" that fit inside of the egg to delight whoever opened it.

Egg 1.jpg

Egg 2.jpg

Oh, we've been nuts about the Imperial Faberge eggs for years! Got a really cool book around here, that is huge! Makes the pictures amazing! There was an unfinished one that was a Lapis Lazuli sphere set on a pedestal of clouds. I'm working on making a replica as a surprise for Sis.

The Cleveland Art Museum has a very good Faberge collection, including one egg, and we got to see that. The little pets are amazing! (However, I was more entranced with the Tiffany door that was next to it! Talk about amazing!)

• 3 months later...

spaceout.gif

The red Faberge egg is my favorite at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. The guilloche and red enamel are breathtaking. The other eggs are very well done too, but the red one always dazzles me.

post-186133-0-74929900-1550881948_thumb.jpg

post-186133-0-34877300-1550882141_thumb.jpg