South Korean beer

68t

Yo-bo-she-yo Hello, Just wonder if anyone on the forum, every was in the military.in south Korea. I was a huey crewchief there, I dranks OB and crown . but also soju and mokley. I was at camp humphery most the time. Drop a line if so. Gahm-sah hah--nee-dah

• 1 month later...

I was there at Camp Eagle in 98-99 which closed I think 15 years ago. Camp Humphrys was our higher HQ so I had been there a lot too. I saw pictures and it's amazing how much it's improved! They say the military and civilian population at the camp after expansion will be up to 36,000!

I wasn't a beer drinker then but was a big Soju person. I was the only one in my unit that ever came back to the barracks with a case. "Combat" bottles were a regular thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a reply, Yes nothing like the smell of jp4 buring on a cold frosty morning in Korea. We would fly the brass up to camp libertybell.I flew all over korea in a huey, We done the vip mission, like three star generals.Hey I dranks jenrose soju all the time, I always had a combat bottle by my bunk, all so would wash my hand with soju. I would buy combokjew at tague, its better than jenrose. Oh what about jungle juice. The hump looks like a tourist retreat now days, They got the goldmine we got the shaft, send a reply and talk some more, :)

triplecanopy

I spent time there in 1988 and hoisted a few OB's. It was cold anyway and not too bad. Perhaps there should be a military beer section on this forum.

post-185301-0-03630300-1546889501_thumb.jpg

post-185301-0-22198000-1546889573.jpg

• 6 months later...

I ready for some beer. Bar tindo OB mackjew. I was wearing my OB top here. but I was in panama, The ship I was on got on fire in the gatun locks, we had left Pusan Korea to panama, with a load of army vehicles, Then we had the fire in the panama canal locks. A month later we got to mobile Al. We had to drank panama beer and run. But we had a blast, Also still a combat zone in panama, we just did give a dam. The army MP would ask who we were, yes, were from Canada on vacation. We did not wear our uniforms

post-185376-0-11980100-1565381186.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I been up to camp casey several times, we would fly in and land at the helipad next to the px. Also we would fly up to camp liberty bell, at the DMZ. Now day, I buy my soju and OB at Fort Campbell, They have it at the class 6 store. gahm-sah hahm-nee-dah

post-185376-0-03925000-1566912533.jpg

• 3 months later...

This hook or ch47 went down on a mountain in south korea, all crew was ok. The marine,s lost two 46d that same year. They lost 4 crew members on one of the crash, the other crash lost 18 marine,s The cost for south korea has been great.

post-185376-0-63989100-1576515866.jpg

• 2 months later...