Luftwaffe Collection

PaulR

• 2 weeks later...

Simply amazing, thanks for sharing your collection!

One word: Insane!

-Ski

Thank you for the kind words. I am truly humbled by them. Here are a couple of additional profiles.

Rose pink officer collar tab- for Aeronautical Engineering Officers of the Luftwaffe. Only a few of the Engineering Officials opted to enter in the regular Luftwaffe roles from the beamte status. Too much autonomy to trade in.

Orange Obergefreiter tabs for military field police, after 1943 (Sept I believe).

Black administration collar tabs- Post Nov 1944 Construction/engineering officials.

Light blue LW Collar tabs- theorized to be pre-1943 military police collar tabs. they match up perfectly with the TSD administrative shoulder boards and the material is not faded.

post-185263-0-11420500-1544374330.jpg

post-185263-0-74463100-1544374357.jpg

post-185263-0-82735800-1544374369.jpg

post-185263-0-12651400-1544374434_thumb.jpg

Just a treat to see such nice stuff!

I remember you from yrs back

Always had nice stuff!

PVON

Hello,

It is great to see you! I remember you as well. I hope that all is well for you. Thank you for the kind words. Do you still sell/collect?

The green propeller tabs are for the Luftwaffe' Nautiker (Navigation) Officials. This insignia phased out in 1942, where they adopted the pink waffenfarbe. I am just missing the Major level. There were only three ranks for this career.

The next two are blue admin and sonderfuhrer insignia. They are believed to be medical related. There is no description of these insignias in any reference books I own.

Finally, the boards are for Flighing Corps Leader and the tab, I assume is engineer related. I've never heard of the gold outer piping before.

post-185263-0-52508700-1544925935.jpg

post-185263-0-72694500-1544925972.jpg

post-185263-0-89133900-1544925981.jpg

post-185263-0-95267000-1544925996.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice collection. I collect Luftwaffe Trade patches and missing only 2, The farrier and NCO. Also Luftwaffe flight helmets and gravity knife variations. My father was a Luftwaffe pilot, served on the Eastern Front and later transferred to Rechlin, which had experimental planes and captured US aircraft there. He favored the 109 even after being given a 190.

A most impressive collection of unique uniforms..

As you mentioned, collecting the obscure formations of the Third Reich can be just as rewarding..

You have a museum quality collection

Leigh

Nice collection. I collect Luftwaffe Trade patches and missing only 2, The farrier and NCO. Also Luftwaffe flight helmets and gravity knife variations. My father was a Luftwaffe pilot, served on the Eastern Front and later transferred to Rechlin, which had experimental planes and captured US aircraft there. He favored the 109 even after being given a 190.

Wow. What a great history. Please start a thread with your collection. I'd love to see it. I'd also love to know more about your family's story during the war. Were any items passed down?

Thank you all for your very kind replies. If there are any items you'd like to see more details of, please let me know. My current focus is aimed toward the Warsaw Uprising, although I will continue to fill holes in the LW side as items appear- which is less frequently.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...