Belgium Helmet: Airborne or Reconnaissance

Bill_Carman

I have read both lines of thought regarding the purpose of this style helmet, being a paratrooper helmet or a compact helmet for reconnaissance vehicle troops. This is a nice helmet and there are similarities to the British HSAT Mk II. The chin strap, the internal webbing suspension and padding, while different, all appear similar to the Mk II. There are no markings stamped on the inside of the helmet only a size number hand written on the leather band. The internal webbing is dark green in color and the crash pad appears to be a leather type pad. The overall shape of the helmet is oval whereas the Mk II is more round. There is also the 'shadow' of a flag/national colors on the side of the helmet.

Please share your thoughts, thanks for looking.

post-185250-0-97800400-1542752792.jpg

post-185250-0-08762900-1542752802.jpg

I know very little about these other that the fact that they exist but, I agree, it is easy to see the similar lines of that of the MkII HASAT, of course the liner is substantially different. Looking forward to the discussion and a chance to add to my knowledge base.

My thanks to kansimba for sending me the photos of the helmet in use or displayed, many thanks.

The first one is an airborne display but it clearly shows this style of helmet is for airborne soldiers.

msg-185267-0-44001300-1543087037.jpg