Polish 33rd Infantry Regiment Badge

Thor996

This is a Polish 33rd Infantry Regiment Badge from the WW2 or earlier era. I do not know enough about Polish WW2 History or Polish units to be able to further comment on the unit history.

post-185103-0-93526200-1543015285.jpg

post-185103-0-26620400-1543015290.jpg

Interestingly this badge incorporates the Maltese cross. Its eight points denote the eight obligations or aspirations of the knights of St. John: to live in truth, have faith, repent of ones sins, give proof of humility, love justice, be merciful, be sincere & whole­hearted, and to endure persecution.

Interestingly this badge incorporates the Maltese cross. Its eight points denote the eight obligations or aspirations of the knights of St. John: to live in truth, have faith, repent of ones sins, give proof of humility, love justice, be merciful, be sincere & whole­hearted, and to endure persecution.

That's a great observation. Wonder if that style comes down in the badge because of the presence the Hospitaller's Protestant branch had /have in Poland?

Not to be a downer but looks to be a copy. Can you post a pic of the brass spinner?

was told by someone else that the brass nut doesn't have to have a name on it to make it 'real'. If you are going to call this a copy, then please list reasons for you calling it a 'copy'.

• 1 month later...

was told by someone else that the brass nut doesn't have to have a name on it to make it 'real'. If you are going to call this a copy, then please list reasons for you calling it a 'copy'.

still waiting for those who called this a copy to prove it with some back up to their commentary.... if you are going to call something a reproduction or fake then in MY opinion you should back it up with facts not just call something fake or repro and run. :) but whatever that in my opinion shows the integrity of the person who makes the claim. I didn't pay a lot for it, but that's besides the point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...