Captured NVA weapons and Equipment

triplecanopy

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

The CIA listed both a 7.62mm assault rifle antitank rifle grenade and a 7.62 Assault rifle fragmentation rifle grenade originating in Poland as first being observed in Vietnam in 1968 so it seems all but confirmed the PGN-60 was also used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I
On 2/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, gwb123 said:

This appeared on the Facebook page for the Down Range Vietnam War Collectors.  Unfortunately no details were provided. 

VC Weapons.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1726441960963865/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=3159695637638483

South Vietnamese troops pose with a weapons cache found in a house when some 20 Viet Cong were spotted in the Cholon section of Saigon, South Vietnam, Feb. 11, 1968. Marines, armored troops and police were called in and soon after the fighting began, the area was on fire. One Viet Cong was killed and several suspects were arrested and ferried away in police jeeps. (AP Photo/Le Ngoc Cung)

Looks like it might have been a unissued crate as they are all Type 56s, all with their Chinese issue slings, and the wood which typically darkened quickly in Vietnam is still quite light. I'm not quite sure what the tripod they are leaning on is. 

• 9 months later...

I've posted this before, but this was captured and came home with my former Chief.  It is a wonderfully made  NVA 1911 copying photos of him wearing it in Vietnam. 

Gun.2.thumb.JPEG.ffd1621428cbf8eab941310fc2197c48.JPEG

Gun.3.thumb.JPEG.f3130ea9e24a9213feb3adb7d709de5c.JPEG

J Rudolph 1.jpg

J Rudolph 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 11:15 AM, triplecanopy said:

This is the folding stock version of the VZ-58. Both of these are excellent weapons and while they appear on the outside to be an AK-47, they are completely different on the inside.

post-185301-0-24680400-1548270814.jpg

There was an auction maybe two years ago with two dewat VZ-58’s, a folding stock and a full stock. The description was that they were VN captured and deaccessioned from a veterans organization.  I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I
On 1/13/2023 at 7:54 PM, badash5946 said:

There was an auction maybe two years ago with two dewat VZ-58’s, a folding stock and a full stock. The description was that they were VN captured and deaccessioned from a veterans organization.  I

Interesting, I'm not aware of any bring back examples although surely some must exist at least in US military museums, thanks.