New Imperial EK 2 Portrait (Dog Handler)

Eric Queen

Got this a couple of days ago.

There isn't a specific place to post Imperial photos (yet) so I thought I would post this here.

I love dog photos and this is a cool on of a guy who is proud of his EK

WW1 EK Dog0002.jpg

Nice photo!

Here is the appropriate award for German dog handlers. This is a cased Weimar Republic award for a Police Dog named "Asta". Given to the dog, and handler of course, for winning a service dog competition.

Polizeihund table medal.JPG

That is a super piece Sarge. Love it. Were they produced in different grades (bronze, silver, gold)?

Thanks for posting.

That is a super piece Sarge. Love it. Were they produced in different grades (bronze, silver, gold)?

Thanks for posting.

These little plaques, sometimes called table medals, were almost always cast in bronze in my experience. At least the Poiizei versions that I collect are. Other prizes are in silver such as a cigarette case or neck label for a bottle of wine, etc.

They don't come in bronze, silver, gold like the wearable sports badges but these are generally the prize awarded to the top winner (Sieger). Second place got something else other than the plaque. Here are a couple of other examples of Polizei Sport Awards to illustrate.

Pol fencing plaque.JPG

Pol fencing plaque reverse.JPG

Pol Sport award.jpg

Pol Sport award back.jpg

• 4 months later...

Very nice photograph. I can't quite recognize the breed, is it a German Shepherd or maybe a Belgian Malinois?

• 4 weeks later...
Eric Queen

Moving this to the correct section and adding one that just came in yesterday. Austrian soldier from WW1 (photo dated 1916)

Thought it was cool with what looks to be an Edelweiss device on the cap.

ddert0002.jpg