Need some help on a few new items

BrianD

Got a call from a family member this morning that was helping a friend clean out an older gentleman's house. These items were apparently given to this man by his uncle when he came back from Europe. Please help me identify them and if anyone could give me an idea on value I need to move some of these on to recoup some of my cash I spent on them. Here is what I know:

I have 2 Pith helmets, both have the tri-color shield but NOT the eagle and swazi.

A TR Police DD helm.

A plain (no decal) stalhelm but no clue on what it is or even if it is period and is missing the chin strap. (M40, M42, etc?) no clue.

If anyone could give me a little help I would greatly appreciate it! I have been out of the TR field for a LONG time and have NO clue on valuation or even ID of a few of these things. Post is gonna be pic heavy!

Thanks,

Brian

post-185218-0-32170600-1547326924_thumb.jpg

post-185218-0-76701300-1547326947_thumb.jpg

If anyone wants/needs any details pics to help me ID and get a rough fair evaluation of the value of these items I would be more than happy to supply them.

Thanks in advance!

Going to post a couple pair of binoculars as well for feedback so check those out and help me out also if you would please!

Brian

The 2 pith helmets have been de-nazified by removing the other shield. The helmet is a M-40 (stamped/pressed airvent) and looks minty except for the missing chinstraps. I can't help with values, been out of German stuff too long, but maybe $200+ for each pith and $800+ for the M40??? I don't know much about police helmets, seem like they are lower, like $200-ish???

The M40 will have 2 stamps inside the rim, one for the maker and shell size (like Q66) and one on the inner rear. Please post if you can.

The 2 pith helmets have been de-nazified by removing the other shield. The helmet is a M-40 (stamped/pressed airvent) and looks minty except for the missing chinstraps. I can't help with values, been out of German stuff too long, but maybe $200+ for each pith and $800+ for the M40??? I don't know much about police helmets, seem like they are lower, like $200-ish???

The M40 will have 2 stamps inside the rim, one for the maker and shell size (like Q66) and one on the inner rear. Please post if you can.

Where exactly would the markings be? Never had a non-relic helmet before!

I see a faint Q64 on the back underneath the rim. Needed to get my loop out to look at it!

Brian,

Your "Police" helmet is actually a Fire Department (Feuerwehr) helmet. It seems complete except for the leather neck shield that attaches to the leather tabs attached to the liner. These are fairly common and I see them sell around $200. - $250 in this condition.

I hope this is helpful.

Brian,

Your "Police" helmet is actually a Fire Department (Feuerwehr) helmet. It seems complete except for the leather neck shield that attaches to the leather tabs attached to the liner. These are fairly common and I see them sell around $200. - $250 in this condition.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks so much Sarge. Just goes to show how long I have been out of the TR field! Need to move some of this on to recoup some of my money so your comment was very helpful! Thanks Sarge.

There is an N 5 stamp underneath the Q64 stamp. Is that the maker?

Sorry, the N5 stamp is ABOVE the Q64 stamp on the rear underside of the apron.

all helmets look good but id be dubious on the liner in the m40 i would say thats been replaced well after the war ended

Looking for an education here. How do I tell if it is a post war replacement? All I know for sure are these couple facts:

1. Items came from a "non-collector" who had NO idea what he had.

2. Items were given to him from his uncle when he came back from Europe.

3. The items remained in his custody since he received them and were never in another collection prior to me buying them.

Not saying that the liner hasn't been replaced because I just got them today, but want to know how to tell.

Thanks again for the reply!

Brian