No clue, any help would be appreciated on these binoculars

BrianD

I am always curious why people 'pick up' stuff when they have not idea what it is. Collecting used to be all about knowing a topic and adding items towards completing a common theme, now it is all about buying something and asking everyone else to identify and evaluate it. Hoping of course that they have 'hit a home run'.

Lighten up Francis! It's impossible to have expertise in every field of military collecting, or anything else for that matter. I, for one, enjoy seeing "new" items.

I am always curious why people 'pick up' stuff when they have not idea what it is. Collecting used to be all about knowing a topic and adding items towards completing a common theme, now it is all about buying something and asking everyone else to identify and evaluate it. Hoping of course that they have 'hit a home run'.

Well, to answer your somewhat "snarkey" comment I will say this: I USED to collect TR stuff. I got a call from a family member that was helping to downsize an estate of an older gentleman and was offered these with a few other German bring backs that they didn't/couldn't sell on Ebay for the guy. So, I knew enough to know that the price I paid for ALL the items was decent, just have no experience in optics so I thought I would ask since these were included in my "deal". So, not hoping or needing to "hit a home run" with these, just asking for opinions and thoughts on them. Thank you very MUCH! Since you have been less than helpful I do not expect anything worthwhile from you but would appreciate others input so that I know what I have and a fair idea on what these are and a possible value. The other items I 'picked up' I did know about so don't think I am new to this hobby. Thank you all for your replies!

your top set is marked bmk this stands for Srb & Stys Fabrik Praziser Messinstrumente, Prague, Czech that's a good set of binos

Awesome, thanks 46IR! Any value/interest in old optics like these? They came as part of a larger group from an estate.....most of the other items I knew MUCH more about but these I have NO clue on!

While BrianD's information seeking question is appropriate and under the correct topic...yours is not.It would fit better here...http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1193-non-militaria-misc/