Gau Essen Tinnie +

SARGE

This is a collection of Gau Essen commemorative items. It consists of the crossed hammer Gau Essen pin back gold tinnie plus the cloth version as well. Included is the matching padded post card that went with this set. While the tinnie itself became a wearable commemorative NSDAP award the other items are seldom seen and complete the set.

Essen badges.JPG

Essen postcard back.JPG

Sarge: if you know, how do you tell the Gau Essen tinnie from the Gau Essen badge? I have seen on various sites, there are two versions of this - one is more valuable than the other but both have similar makers?

Sarge: if you know, how do you tell the Gau Essen tinnie from the Gau Essen badge? I have seen on various sites, there are two versions of this - one is more valuable than the other but both have similar makers?

This Gau Essen badge I show is gilt and has a hefty safety pin style attachment. I have also seen these in aluminum but I do not know the difference. The original tinnie became a wearable award badge so frankly I don't know what the difference would be or how to tell them apart.

Of course the red ones are for the 1938 Gautag meeting while the gilt badge is for the original 1935 meeting.

This Gau Essen badge I show is gilt and has a hefty safety pin style attachment. I have also seen these in aluminum but I do not know the difference. The original tinnie became a wearable award badge so frankly I don't know what the difference would be or how to tell them apart.

Of course the red ones are for the 1938 Gautag meeting while the gilt badge is for the original 1935 meeting.

thank you for your response. - dave

• 1 year later...