Need Help w/ WW2 Italian Navy Rank & Award Data

dpast32

Hello All, I'm attempting to determine exactly what the following data indicates. It's listed on a 1947 dated document awarding the recipient the, "la Croce al Merito Militare", which I understand to mean the Cross of Military Merit. Above all that is, "Marina Militare", which was the Italian Navy. My real question is if someone could PLEASE educate me as to the meaning of the following; >>> "S. Capo Segn. - matr. 97289 - cl. 1919, Ferruccio BENVENUTO fu Giuseppe. Then, "l? Confessione - Part. Combatt." <<< Below that is the date of 19 November 1947, along w/ what appears to be the authorizing agency or similar entry. If anyone would be so kind as to PLEASE translate this for me, I'll really appreciate it. THANK YOU

Best, dpast32

THANK YOU Rich, I appreciate the reply. My computer is getting really old, & am having trouble any time I attempt to post any photos. I can take photos with my cell though, & send the out via E-Mail of you'd like to go that route. Just let me know. This is the 1st Navy award I've encountered, & it's somewhat different from the other WMC document I have. The other is a WW1 era award to an American Sgt. serving in Italy with a U.S. Ambulance unit.

Best, dpast32