Huge 57er Mini Combo Lost in Mail

Brig

I often encounter European sellers whose idea of safe shipping is papertowels and envelope adhesive, and it finally resulted in the worst case scenario...this group of minis, including this large combo stickpin with unit crest (!) fell out of an envelope the seller decided to ship using only a cheap envelope and its cheap adhesive. Sadly this Deumer piece is now lost forever......

Have to file a dispute directly through PayPal since eBay doesn't force foreign eBayers to use it like Americans. Thankfully the have buyer protection...needless to say I'm very irate right now

envelope.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

That really sucks man. I had it happen to me years ago and still am not over it. The entire package (from Germany) disappeared (DHL) and was never heard from again.

What was the unit? Assume something Norway related.

A friend of mind just had this photo lost in the mail from Europe. For those who know what they're looking at no other words are necessary.

gdgsh.jpg

Not Norway related... 91st Infanterie on the Russian front. I am a big fan of 57er minis and have never seen one where the vet had a unit crest placed on the pin...so it was a really nice combo with a lot of awards

And a killer photo lost to the postal system!

Well... that really sucks. I have had problems with DHL before so I quit using them. I had the corner torn off of a box and a pair of uniform breeches stolen once. Just the breeches mind you as they left the tunic and I did get that in a taped up box. Useless claim system with numerous hoops to jump through as well.

Sorry for your loss.

So......interesting development.

I received a chit in the mail last night that said I owed postage on something. Curious, I went to the post office and turns out, the seller had jotted down the address on the paper wrapped contents, which were rather small. This paper was actually taped...I am assuming the seller had to add the large envelope to fit the customs receipt. During my discussion with the seller, they never mentioned any of this, and specifically said they didn't use tape...so I guess I lucked out, minus the additional postage. I have requested PayPal close the case.

• 1 month later...

Very cool Ive never seen a stickpin with this many awards

Yes, regs under the Third Reich limited stickpins to 3 awards. There was no such limit in post-war regulations, so you can occasionally find some impressive 'careers on a stick'