Help ID a Soviet hat badge, sub badge, and two medals, please!

stratasfan

Hi! Am hoping that someone can help ID these Soviet badges and medals. How would I look them up or ask for it? I'd like to get the badges, but don't know what to start looking for. :) Thanks!

post-185332-0-21063200-1548169280.jpg

post-185332-0-48077600-1548169285.jpg

Ah, Captain Marko Ramius. The cap badge and sub badge can be found on ebay pretty easily by searching Soviet sub badge and Soviet navy cap badge: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUSSIAN-SOVIET-SUBMARINE-SUB-LAPEL-PIN-BADGE-2-5-X-7-8-INCHES-CCCP-RUSSIA/163468844819?hash=item260f809f13:g:HM0AAOSw4aBaKguz:rk:2:pf:1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USSR-Soviet-Navy-Fleet-NAVAL-OFFICER-HAT-cap-BADGE-Crab-Original-Cold-War-era/330776742411?hash=item4d03d48a0b:g:UgsAAOSwW1da16Hn:sc:USPSFirstClass!46725!US!-1:rk:6:pf:0

The 2 chest medals (I think) are the 50th Anniversary (Jubilee) of WW2 and 70th Anniversary of the Armed Forces of the USSR.

Hi! Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it! I just love Hunt for Red October. :) already have everything but the Dallas patch for Capt. Mancuso. Thought it might be fun to get a few for Captain Ramius. I have a little USS Dallas model to make for it, too. :)

Really appreciate the help! Poor Ramius . . . that great career, and the best he got were two anniversary commemorative medals . . .

Don't hold back on us Elizabeth...how do you really feel about the movie? LOL!

If you liked the movie, you will really like the book.

I knew some people in the Intel community back in the day who could not get enough of Jack Ryan. A common desk analyst who ends up snagging an advanced Soviet Submarine... that is the stuff that dreams are made of for such folks.

Oh, boy . . . an admin asking for my opinion?!? I'm not sure you meant that . . . but . . . since I have permission . . . I know it is a 1990 movie, and for all of those out there who don't watch old films, this is quite a new film for me! Mostly we watch films from 1935-55, so this really breaks the pattern! We saw this for the first time about ten years ago, I'm guessing. Not too long really. (Wish they would bring it to the big screen for an anniversary or something!) Oh, boy, was it amazing that first time! And you know what? It doesn't fail to enthrall even now watching again! When the Dallas does the emergency blow at the end . . . oh, I get chills! Besides, it is filled with great acting from the amazing Connery down to Jonsey on the Dallas. Cool footage, great acting, thrilling plot and excitement. What more could you want? OK . . . the only thing that gets a star off is for the swearing. Could have done without most of it . . . but at least they didn't ruin a good military movie with girls! All in all . . . amazing! -grin-

So, Gil . . . does that answer your question? :)

I do have the book, but haven't read it. I should, now that you say it is worth it!

It was the last movie I saw in the theater with my high school buddies before I went in the army so it has a special meaning to me. I read the book too (which is far more detailed as you can imagine). Good luck with your project!