Boxed Japanese Award

SARGE

This is a boxed Japanese award that came to me in the pocket of a pre-war, or wartime, Japanese Police white summer uniform. I have no idea what this award may represent. It appears there was a multi-colored silk ribbon once attached to the pin back part of the award that hung down behind the drop but that is now missing. While it came to me in this box I do not know if it is the correct box for this award.

Any information would be appreciated and thanks for looking.

Japanese Police medal in case.JPG

Japanese Police medal reverse.JPG

Sarge,

I have not seen anything like this piece.....the box appears too small for the pin and the inscription on the box doesn't seem to match what's on the pin. Looks more civilian than military. Once again, my Japanese is very limited...but the inscription on the front of the pin looks like "support of country" or "love of country" (and that is a guess) and is partially repeated on the vertical row of kanji on the back of the pin. There is a date on the pin "Showa 8th year" (1933). Sorry, that is as much as I can do.

Tiger,

Many thanks for looking and your educated guess. That is much more information than I had before. It makes sense that it would be some sort of obscure civilian award for the Police. As I say, I got three of these wooden boxes with what appear to be police awards in them. The year 1933 also makes sense as I have a presentation "Japanese Police" photograph album dated 1923 that shows this white uniform in wear.

I will post the last box for you to take a look at. I really appreciate your help in looking at these.