My Austrian Collection.

Dr_Rambow

Those are fantastic examples! And depot marked too. I feel that issued items for low ranking enlisted men are a lot more difficult to find! I will have to double check mine when I get home.

yes, montur depot issue headgears are really hard to find, expecially those of 1800 period. They are only for trooper or low ranking. Sergeants and, above all officiers, bought themselves their equipement

inside 1850 tschako there are many red colour stamps, but this the most "important": Prague supply depot 1852. Others are difficult to take pictures: canvas liner is fragile...

post-188610-0-47084400-1564760993_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Ooof, 4 years. Time really does fly. 

I guess I'm due for an update on here. I've since moved and the war room is totally different. 

This is just one of the displays I've put together since then.

20230610_184349.jpg

20230610_184929.jpg

As is appropriate for a 1917-18 era display. ;)

I'm a sucker for the early war stuff, but this really does have a great look to it when it is all together. 

• 2 months later...

Forgot to add a display of the small items, kappenabzeichen, orders, cockades, proficiency badges and such. 

Actually need to take new photo since I've added a few things at the Max show :)

case.jpg

An excellent display of your Austro-HUngarian "Small Items" or accouterments.

I have a couple of sword knots that I have not been able to identify that perhaps you can help me with.  First, is what I believe to be a Hungarian Officer Portepee.  Correct?

The other with red stripes seems to be Honved, Feuerwehr, or perhaps a Bandsman?

Thanks for looking.  

Hung knot.JPG

Hungarian knot close.JPG

Hungarian knot crown.JPG

Aust knot.JPG

1 hour ago, SARGE said:

An excellent display of your Austro-HUngarian "Small Items" or accouterments.

I have a couple of sword knots that I have not been able to identify that perhaps you can help me with.  First, is what I believe to be a Hungarian Officer Portepee.  Correct?

The other with red stripes seems to be Honved, Feuerwehr, or perhaps a Bandsman?

Thanks for looking.  

Hung knot.JPG

Hungarian knot close.JPG

Hungarian knot crown.JPG

Aust knot.JPG

Hello there! Thank you for the compliment.

The second one, no idea. Definitely not Austro-Hungarian. 

The first one is WWII Hungarian from the Horthy era, probably from the 1930s; the white metal is for certain officers that were below "2nd lieutenant" but above your high NCOs. I do not know the equivalent of this rank. 

381176600_859053349138529_2396204508794491654_n.jpg

Excellent info.  Thanks for the identification of the Horthy era knot.  The low Officer rank makes sense due to its construction.  

I guess I will continue to look to ID the other knot.