First post here My Japanese manikin

robinb

I don't really collect Japanese items but I have a lot of it. Here's my first attempt at a manikin display. I still need to find a leather belt. The helmet is dated 1941 and is reportedly a bring back from Truk.

MVC-023S.JPG

MVC-025S.JPG

MVC-024S.JPG

MVC-027S.JPGMVC-026S.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have been fortunate to find original gear in near new condition. The helmet came from a fellow collector long ago. He got it directly from the vet who brought it home.

• 3 months later...

You have a great collection of Japanese gear! The mannequin set up is great, love the helmet with net!

Regards

Russ

• 1 year later...

Looks like you have three type 38 rifles behind your manikin. I have just one type 38. Put a bayonet on them and it's  almost 6' in length. Japanese soldiers average height was 5 feet 3 inches. Very nice display. Good job.

I just realized that I first posted here 2 years ago almost to the day! I need to update the manikin photos since I was able to locate a belt. 

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

Yes very nice display. I have all the pieces and parts have just never got around to putting it all together. Your example will be used to motivate my efforts. Thanks for sharing! 

1 hour ago, warguy said:

Yes very nice display. I have all the pieces and parts have just never got around to putting it all together. Your example will be used to motivate my efforts. Thanks for sharing! 

+1

• 3 weeks later...
Fortunes Of War

Wow!  That's a fine collection!!  Can't wait to see all of the updates....

MikeB