Small Japanese Riker box collection

Old Marine

This is my small Japanese collection. I don't actively pursue Non-US things but over the years people have given me things or if the deal is too good to pass up I will pick them up. Years ago, before the internet, flea markets and thrift stores and yard sale used to turn up a lot of this stuff.

The medals are all originals The cap tally and the Naval Cap insignia on the top left I picked up on liberty in Yokuska, I don't know if they are WWII vintage or even military.

The silver winged badge on the bottom left I am pretty sure is a reproduction, it feels like it is made of lead.

Dennis

post-185204-0-65055000-1549324449_thumb.jpg

Old Marine,

The hat badge and cap ribbon at top are Self Defense Force, Post War. The army pilots badge bottom left is a repro. Most of the rest looks pretty good

Semper Fi, tiger41

Thank you Tiger. I found the cap badge and tally at a tailor shop in Youkuska in 1975 so that figures that they were post war. Do you have any thoughts on what those metal, screw back, multi colored color rank insignia might be?

Old Marine,

Let's see how this works; Top Row L to R ; Hat Badge, Veterans Badge w/Rosette, Veterans Badge, Hat Ribbon, I can't see this pin, metal hat star, cloth civilian star, cigarette box

Medals; L to R; Golden Kite 6 or 7th Class, (2) Order Rising Sun 5th Cl., Sacred Treasure, Rising Sun 8th Cl., WWI Victory Medal, Russo-Japan War Medal, China Incident Medal, Showa Enthronement Medal

Bottom Row; L to R; Pilots Badge (repro), These 2 pins may be Chinese ?, Brass Pin Fire Department, 4 army EM rank insignia post 1938, 2 Red Cross Medals, 2 naval Seaman 1st Cl rates post 1942

Army Boat Troops patch 1943

If you can keep them in order I may have covered them correctly. I may not be 100 % but pretty close. I hope this is of some helps.