Small British Medal Collection

tanks1921

Hello fellow collectors, I'm kinda snowed in right now so I had time to photograph my modest collection of British medals. I don't usually collect Brit stuff but if it's there I'll take a look at it. The WW1 medals are named to Pte. J Hughes, 99220, Durham Light Infantry. I found these at an open market in Cambridge when I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath in the 70's. I've always wanted to find out more about Mr. Hughes. I'm sure the RAF wing came out of a little shop in either Cambridge or Norwich. The remainder was found in a long-gone antique store near here in the 90's. From what I remember, the owner said a Canadian brought these in. The stars are original, the rest are COPIES. The address on the envelope is; Mr. J. Hughes, 4 King Street, Hebden Bridge, U.K. Cheers, Jim

post-185150-0-59191700-1549663225_thumb.jpg

Do you have Hughes' service number? Yeah, I had a ball when I was stationed a Mildenhall in the 1990's. WWI groups were all over the tables then at 20-30 pounds for a trio. Medal boards used to occupy the walls at quite a few antique malls. Great memories!

-Ski

99220 is engraved on the edges so that must be it. I probably could have found more neat stuff when I was in England but I was only a 2-$triper at that time. I was mainly looking for third Reich items, but really didn't find much. Thanks.