Recently Seen at The German History Museum

Dirk

Had the opportunity to visit the German History Museum in Berlin and here is a small sampling of what they had on display

IMG_6591.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6593.JPG

IMG_6590.JPG

Just happy I finally got to see the museum. Gil no particular theme as the museum is organized chronologically...when it reaches the imperial period the headgear and uniforms are scattered through the entire section and not kept together in adjoining cass. Which means I circled several times before I saw it all. they also had a full Guard Du Corps officers setup with saber and then several cases later a single Guard helmet can be found......then I found a section of several pickelhaube and steel helmets showing ballistic damage.....there is a few cases of Hoch See with a uniform and builders model, allied uniforms, posters and of course in an earlier section.....this familiar uniform, hat, and cane....they showed some great pieces and I would recommend it to anyone passing through Berlin.

BTW Sarge I am with you on the tropical helmet!....a part of a small Boxer display.

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6599.jpg