MY latest Card Model Ship, HMS Invincible

teamski

I really love card model ships. They are cheap, challenging and look awesome! This is a 1:250 scale waterline model of the HMS Invincible, lost at the battle of Jutland. I had it on display with my Jutland medal group for collector's day last year. I want to get started on the SMS Derrflinger next. I've done about 20 or so of these models including a huge 1:200 scale HMS Hood which took a dive off the top of my book shelf years ago not long after completion. Needless to say, I was gutted. But I digress!! Thanks for looking.....

-Ski

post-185479-0-86488100-1550326962_thumb.jpg

And finally....... I wish I could get larger photos on here to share with you a better idea of how it looks, but hey, you can't have everything.

-Ski

post-185479-0-26470400-1550327220_thumb.jpg

Great job, Ski. Cardstock builds always impress me as all my experience is with typical styrene kits. Your HMS Invincible looks super on the shelf. Looking forward to seeing Derflinger!

Terry

Excellent! Beautiful detail. I've never build a card model ship but probably have to now :).

Silly question: are the gun barrels made from card also? They shure don't look like it.

Rene

That is some amazing work and detail! Amazing! Never seen any of these types! Used to have a card wild west train, but never did it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! You can find card models for just about anything from tanks to castles. It really is an awesome hobby and one I would recommend to anyone. That said, you have to search for them as they are imported from Poland. They specialize in card (or paper as it is referred to quite often) as plastic was rare in the country during the cold war. Today, we get to reap the benefits and these engineering works of art are the results.

-Ski

I tried making a paper model of the SS Minnow from Gilligan's Island a few years ago. Let's just say that it turned out looking like the boat AFTER Gilligan's glue incident.

• 4 months later...