Miniature Sword, Bayonet, & Dagger Knots

SARGE

Gents,

I picked up a couple of nice miniature Polizei knots at SOS and thought this would be a good time to start a thread on miniature sword, bayonet, & dagger knots. Show 'em if ya got 'em.

These are two mini knots for Police swords and bayonets that have metal swivel clips attached to the straps. These could be used as watch fobs or clipped onto walking sticks, etc. The NCO Portepee is the one with green stripes in the ball while the Officer Portepee is the one with all aluminum twisted cords in the ball.

Other styles of miniature knots in the form of Portepee, Troddel, and Faustriemen exist.

Mini Pol knots.JPG

Mini Pol knots close.JPG

Mini Pol knot inserts.JPG

Thank you Sarge for very nice examples of miniature Knots that I will have to keep my eye out for. I love more things that I should always keep my eyes open for. I would love to add a few to my collection some day.

Tony

Thank you for the kudos... I was happy to find these miniature Polizei Portepee at SOS as they are fairly scarce.

Here are a couple of examples of the miniature Troddel. These enlisted bayonet knots came in various color combinations to indicate the unit of the wearer down to the specific company. They will be found in various sizes and configurations depending upon how they were attached. These are the smaller size from the Portepee shown above but they will also be found in this larger size with a chain attachment.

Troddel miniatures.JPG

Mini KS98 with frog.JPG

Mini KS98 advert blade.JPG

And, here is a miniature Faustriemen. This is a Luftwaffe knot because the leather strap is grey. A Heer knot would look the same except the leather strap would be green in color.

Mini Faust.JPG

Mini Faust close.JPG

Mini Faust ball.JPG