ROYAL VICTORIAN ORDER, Knight Commander

One of the favorite sets in my British collection. Numbered 1295, the cravat has the ties or hooks cut off but displays well. I love the detailed enamel work on British orders and the high quality involved. Is there potential for ID based on the number? I understand there are some provisions in the statutes that require return of some orders upon elevation or death. Does that make research or identification more difficult?

Any direction and/or assistance is certainly appreciated.

post-185269-0-70787000-1551451454_thumb.jpeg

Thats a real gem right there i know theres a comprehensive list of everyone whos been honored with this award but i don't think theres any that are in order.

Wow, and again wow !!!

What a gem to own. There must be a list somewhere in a palace in the UK which will identify the recepient.

Regards

Herman

Sal,

You've got to eat one heck of a lot of Cracker Jacks to get prizes like those inside! Gorgeous pair!

I once saw another neck order like your example with the fasteners cut off. The medal came with a piece of elastic with two fasteners attached to the ends. The fasters were like what you would see on a pair of suspenders. Perhaps your medal was worn with something like that rather than the wearer constantly trying to tie the ribbons behind his neck?

Hope you can eventually ID the recipient.

Allan

• 4 months later...
Jumpmaster

Just an update. My quest for a case ended. I was lucky enough to run into this Collingwood Jewellers case and bring it home. It came with the instruction card for this order and the British Empire. I much prefer the visual of these beautiful pieces in their proper case.

post-185269-0-68380400-1562511668.jpeg

post-185269-0-77251800-1562511686.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Maybe I shouldn’t have limited it to the knight commander grade, even the kids look great in their proper case.

Please share what you may have in your collections, and period and grade. 

5AFF0874-C6D7-449D-98B6-F17F5E8BF3AE.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Finally found the MVO recipient but no details…any help is appreciated 

373 24.04.1906 The Rt Hon Reginald (Walsh), 5th Lord Ormathwaite

E68D521C-B5EA-4364-A24B-8C3DE32E5A69.jpeg

3CB52186-2CD9-4061-81D2-51E093C83659.jpeg