Armies in Miniature: Toy Soldiers

Red Devil

Thanks guys! Now is the time to buy as the market is soft....post war stuff in not moving hardly at all and some pre-war is in reach....I have used this window to round out some "always wanted sets". Sadly I am running out of case space so I will be slowing way down on buying much more....there are a few odd sets I would not mind having if the price were right.

Proud Kraut

Fantastic thread! May I add some of my soldiers that survived our sand box wars? I'd like to start some of my Britains figures from the Deetail series I think from the 1970's. By far not as spectacular as the figures posted before. Just some nice childhood memories.

Brit1.jpg

Brit 2.jpg

Brit3.jpg

Brit4.jpg

I remember the Britain's Detail range!....I think I had the same German soldiers as well....but they were to costly for our sandbox so the Marx and MPC figures got outdoor time instead!

Proud Kraut

Nice figures, they survived the sandbox battles in pretty good shape.

You're right, Dennis. I must admit that most of my battles were fought by hundreds of Airfix soldiers. :D

Here are a couple of my shelves. I really like old Britains, particularly WWII-themed ones. These shelves have gotten a little crowded.

post-185146-0-57229200-1554675219_thumb.jpg

post-185146-0-41474700-1554675226_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! Love the large Britain's AA gun, pre-war vehicles, and the tropical infantry set!! Great collection!

Very impressive all. If I had the space, I would be joining in collecting these. When younger, had huge collection of Marx from their military sets. But as baseball cards went, so did these sets. Mom donated them.

Those are old. It has not been a Union for a while. Rich A. in Pa.

I am showing my age. I bought these soldiers new in the 1950s,

SAE Soldiers mixed units.JPG

Here are a couple of my shelves. I really like old Britains, particularly WWII-themed ones. These shelves have gotten a little crowded.

All wonderful stuff. But who are the guys in the lower middle-left with the white hoods over the heads and shoulders? I can't recall seeing anything like them before.

Mikie

• 2 weeks later...