TR Unknown Swastika Knife Sheath

Guest Trinity

Guest Trinity

Does anybody have an idea of what TR knife may be suited for this sheath? I am assuming it is original. Although many Third Reich pieces have obviously been copied throughout the years, I have the feeling this is an original piece. The brass rivets all have the same age patina and exhibit the same blue-green verdigris on them. The leather appears older and over time, it has tarnished up a bit.

I am wondering if anyone has a best guess estimate as to what knife may best fit the sheath? When I acquired it, it did not have a knife. Since then, I have purchased a standard Heer pocketknife, but it does not seem like this sheath was intended for that size of pocketknife. The sheath or to be more specific, the knife opening of the sheath, seems too big for a standard sized German military pocketknife. I have attached a picture of my Heer pocketknife in the sheath. As you can see, the knife is a bit too small and it rattles around inside. The sheath opening could accommodate a knife that is about one and half inches wide, while being five inches in length. The Heer knife I have paired with the sheath is about one inch wide, while being four and a quarter inches in length. I am thinking maybe a Gravity Knife? Unfortunately, I do not have a Gravity Knife and I do not really want to purchase one, without knowing the approximate dimensions. If someone has one and reads this, would you mind measuring the widest point of the Gravity Knife and the total maximum length of it closed? If it fits in this sheath, I may buy one or sell the sheath, with the Gravity Knife in mind. Thanks for any ideas.

post-187245-0-02869700-1556235767_thumb.jpeg

Guest Trinity

Spaff... You may possibly be right. The biker culture back in the 70s exhibited a whole host of Nazi regalia, including swastikas, SS style lightening bolts and Iron Crosses, etc. Unfortunately, there are no maker or identifying marks on the sheath. The snap also has no identifying marks. All the brass hardware are flat rivets and the swastika symbol has been certainly stamped on the face. In fact, the stamping appears so crisp and even that it looks like it was machine stamped, which does not necessarily mean this is a modern piece. Hopefully someone out there may have additional information on this piece and whether or not it is WW2 period or more modern.

I dont believe this is nazi either, Im guessing 70s as well. The construction of the leather definitely looks US to me. Also most German stuff during WW2 was marked on the leather.

My father in law did some leather work in his late years as a hobby. The leather, binding and fittings all look like stuff he could have ordered from Tandy.

Guest Trinity

Thanks for all the input! I think the unwavering consensus is that this is not WW2 Third Reich and instead is a likely 70s biker knife sheath. I have absolutely no interest in it, so I will probably list it for sale under the reproduction section for cheap.