South Korea Trip

Warbird15

Hello everyone! I'm going on a trip to South Korea later this month. Going to be mostly around the Seoul area so I will probably stop by the flea market there. Anyone know any other places for Korean items? Any surplus stores?

I know that it is difficult finding ROK items but I'm not looking for anything specific. Just some Korean military items to bring back.

Thanks

triplecanopy

In Seoul there is an area known as E Tae Won that has many shops. So much that it numbs the senses. There is one that specializes in metal badges, coins and insignia. You can probably find it if you ask around. I have not been there in quite a while, but I believe you can find what you are looking for as they had Korean military insignia.

In Seoul there is an area known as E Tae Won that has many shops. So much that it numbs the senses. There is one that specializes in metal badges, coins and insignia. You can probably find it if you ask around. I have not been there in quite a while, but I believe you can find what you are looking for as they had Korean military insignia.

Thank you. I will have to check that out and see if I can find it. Hopefully it's still around

There are specialty shops that make uniforms for the Korean Military. If you are staying a hotel, they might be able to direct you. I remember seeing one from the bus that had some really crazy camouflage designs hanging in the window.

Also, you may be able to book a day trip by bus to the DMZ. I missed out when I was there because they did not have enough people sign up. Again, check with your hotel.

One place that is on my bucket list is the War Memorial of Korea. It is one massive military museum and features a lot of US made equipment. It also has a selection of Chicom and North Korean captured material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Memorial_of_Korea

There are specialty shops that make uniforms for the Korean Military. If you are staying a hotel, they might be able to direct you. I remember seeing one from the bus that had some really crazy camouflage designs hanging in the window.

Also, you may be able to book a day trip by bus to the DMZ. I missed out when I was there because they did not have enough people sign up. Again, check with your hotel.

One place that is on my bucket list is the War Memorial of Korea. It is one massive military museum and features a lot of US made equipment. It also has a selection of Chicom and North Korean captured material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Memorial_of_Korea

I am staying in a hotel for a week and I'll ask around for any military shops, hopefully they will sell to foreigners. And yes we have planned a day trip to the DMZ and Seoul at night. I had not heard of the War Memorial of Korea, but looks like they have a ton of displays! We'll have to add that to the list, I'll definitely take pictures if we end up going. Thanks for the info.