Named Prussian 1914 Pickelhaube

trixie123

Rear visor shows crazing and liner is a bit brittle ! but was surprised to see an ink name in rear visor very hard to see with naked eye !My phone camera got readable shots ! Erdnienger is name some more writing underneath name but washed out !

BAX 1914 stamp on visor near name I believe this is Prussian Hannover depot mark? ordered Repro cockades until I can find original ones that wont break the bank .Cockades that came with helmet were repainted and are sloppy and the one was painted black as Prussian cockade but I noticed green underneath so cleaned it with mineral spirits and its green and white also repainted white ring ! not sure of state but don't believe its correct for this helmet ? chin strap seems to have original fittings but someone made it out of a strip of brown leather do not believe it to be original strap ? its old leather But I believe this helmet should have a black leather brass trimmed one ?

so thinking of ordering a repro or dying this one black and resew it better since fittings are brass ?

other wise I believe helmet to be very nice condition with original brass and eagle plus its named to me a wow !!!!

post-186163-0-33576500-1559744391_thumb.jpg

post-186163-0-84385600-1559744423_thumb.jpg

post-186163-0-42942500-1559744564_thumb.jpg

In the beginning of the TV show Hogans Hero's it has the U.S. Officers hat on top of the Pickelhaube. That show along with the TV show Combat got me to bug my partent's enough to take me with my lawn mower money to a surplus store to buy my first items. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if those shows had never aired.

Proud Kraut

Black/white/red: Deutsches Reich (German Empire)

Green/white/green: Sachsen-Coburg (Saxe-Coburg)