My wife's Grandfather's medals

Eric Queen

Eric Queen

He wasn't a soldier during the war but did have a relatively high position within the department of the Navy. I think its cool that the family kept these all these years and that my wife's father wanted me to have them.

I had them all professionally framed.

IMG_0083 (1).JPG

Very nice display, and interesting family history.

My wife's grandfather spent WWII in a Canadian internment camp...he passed a couple years ago and I never met him, but I always wondered how he would feel as an internee about my being a Marine

vintageproductions

Eric- This is really cool.

From all my travels to Japan I have been given a lot of WWII family pieces from friends, but never from someone I met.

Is the wife's red cross membership ribbon in the frame also? I think that makes it even cooler.

Eric Queen

Thanks guys. Nothing exotic or rare at all but the family connection makes it special.

Brig, did not realize that your wife was of Japanese decent.

Bob, can only assume that was the grandmothers ribbon. It was in the box with everything else.

That's a great piece of family history to have. They must think very highly of you to give them to you.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

My ex wife's father spent WWII in a Canadian internment camp...he passed a couple years ago and it was tough

on him and brothers!

Affected him a lot! Never spoke of it!

Family went up to that camp I heard and found pics of him and family!

That was not long ago!

PVON

PVON

Thanks for sharing! I have a bunch of stuff from a friend's Uncle's wife (so her Aunt), who was from Japan. Actually, my friend's Uncle was stationed in Japan during the Korean War, and met his wife there. He was stationed in Japan again during Vietnam, and they both went. I have lots of her family pictures from then (including a Japanese wedding and cemetery), as well has her USAF photo and bulletin from her Citizenship ceremony (along with a bunch of other service wives), her (wife of)dog tags, etc. Been interesting to go through as I've been getting ready to sell the stuff. Some cool pictures. One cool family group photo that has a paper laying over top of it all written in Japanese. :) I assume it is the names of each person, but don't know.