Soviet era medals

BrianD

Wife found these at a yard sale today and picked them up for me. Don't think they are real because there were a bunch of badges with these as well. I can show them here as well if anyone is interested? I know zero about any USSR/Russian items so help would be great!

post-185218-0-20890700-1561756065_thumb.jpg

Brian,

They are real. You have to remember that the Soviets put out tons and tons of medals during and after WWII. I don't see anything rare or valuable in the group, but they will sell if they are relatively inexpensive.

Allan

Brian,

They are real. You have to remember that the Soviets put out tons and tons of medals during and after WWII. I don't see anything rare or valuable in the group, but they will sell if they are relatively inexpensive.

Allan

Thanks Allan!

The medal with the green ribbon with red stripes looks like a South Vietnamese Civil Action medal 1st class. Given to most anyone who served in Vietnam.

A lot of the little light weight pieces that look like they were made for a flea market are znachkis. Little souvenir pins you can buy at newspaper stands in Russian cities.

Just to clarify, I didnt mean any of the ribboned medals that you are showing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...