German fire police helmet w/ DAK decals - is it all fake?

Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

A client texted photos to me of what appears to be another fantasy helmet with DAK decals. This is a fire police helmet. The liner looks fairly new but the chinstrap appears to have some use, or is it a repro?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Bob Hudson

Decal doesn't have an age look to it.

From what I have read so far, it doesn't seem like they ever had steel pots with these decalls.

I agree Bob, never seen that decal on any helmet. That symbol;, common, but was applied to crates, ammo boxes, and vehicles. WW2 Gear and some others were selling reproduction Africa Corp helmets with this decal and selling this decal also.

Bob Hudson

One bummer with fake decals is - in this case - that it's not only not worth what a real DAK helmet would be, but iin this case it's not even worth as much as a typical Feuerschutzpolizei helmet beause of the decals, which would leave a mess if you scraped them off.

yes fake decals...these were sold in the 60s and 70s from WW2 Ltd from St.Louis,Collectors Armory etc.

WW2 Ltd was this the mail order place that sold a whole array of insignia and stuff, even records?

61e48u4aAoL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg