Power Sennabarri Vest

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Always love seeing the different types of Sennabarri items, besides the belts.

I also really like all the different types of clothing with the POWER emblem on them.

vest1.jpg

vest2.jpg

vintageproductions

Just about anyone could have worn it under their uniform. Same thing as a sennabarri belt.

Just about anyone could have worn it under their uniform. Same thing as a sennabarri belt.

Thanks Bob, I had not heard of these vests before.

Fortunes Of War

Bob-

I really like this vest! They were often made from thin cotton or silk material, while others were stuffed with thick cotton for padding and warmth. I have seen war-time catalogs that offered various private purchase items and these vests (usually minus the kanji, knots and red sun), could be bought and later customized by family for presentation. They seem to have been most popular during the Early China War years, where the weather could be cold. I do, however, have a nice one with custom painted tiger on the back that was brought back by a U.S. medical officer from Okinawa.

Mike

• 1 month later...
Fortunes Of War

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that some vests were given away as gifts by newspaper companies. They had pre-printed designs on the reverse (usually a red hinomaru) and often had kanji characters, either in red or black that ID'd the company by name. Similarly, some had the characters for Ki Buun Chokyu as in Bob's vest and other slogans, such as Banzai, etc.

Mike