Prussian General's Helmet

ww1czechlegion

ww1czechlegion
Hello,
I finally found something out of the woodwork that I've wanted for many years. A real, not messed with Prussian General's Pickelhaube.
The photos are from the seller at an estate sale with no other military items. The last photo shows the helmet sitting in a paper sack reserved for me, waiting to be mailed out on Saturday the 13th. I can post more photos when it arrives in the mail in a few days.
It has the correct fluted spike for a Prussian General, the square cut front visor, and the curved/rounded chinscales, all indicative of a general's helmet.
The massive Guard Eagle's wings sweep halfway back on each side of the helmet. Needless to say, I can't wait for it to arrive!
Best Regards,
Alan

post-185509-0-61696300-1563186637.jpg

post-185509-0-46002000-1563186701_thumb.jpg

post-185509-0-08020300-1563186747_thumb.jpg

Alan,

Congratulations on your estate sale find! I love untouched stuff like this that comes out of private houses. I look forward to seeing more photos of your helmet when you get it.

ww1czechlegion

Thanks for all of your very nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it!

Helmet has arrived safe and sound, and I'll try to shoot some photos of it next week when I get a day off from work again.

Best Regards,

Alan

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazing! Note that heavy embossed center, one always sees it protruding when generals (And the Kaiser and other Princes of Prussia) who wore a Guards one wore their Covers.

• 4 months later...