My Display of WW2 Japanese weapons and bring back items

Leo

Lovely collection and great display! I am just getting interested in Japanese militaria, someday I hope to have a framed flag with that patina just like yours.

A nice small shelf would look great to get those items off the floor.

Lovely collection and great display! I am just getting interested in Japanese militaria, someday I hope to have a framed flag with that patina just like yours.

A nice small shelf would look great to get those items off the floor.

Thanks for the comments John

I agree, Im currently looking at a low table to display the helmet etc

Look forward to seeing yours in the future

A quick photo of my growing collection of Japanese items. Ill post close ups later

Thanks for looking

Dean & Leo

Very nice,I like those wall mounts you have for your swords.You say your growing collection, it'll grow a lot more if you get bit by the collecting bug like a lot of us have been. Bill.

Very nice,I like those wall mounts you have for your swords.You say your growing collection, it'll grow a lot more if you get bit by the collecting bug like a lot of us have been. Bill.

Couldnt agree more Bill, and thanks for the kind words. The wall mounts are Acrylic and made here in the UK.

They create that floating effect which I love, allows the item to speak for itself per say.

First I wanted just one sword now its out of control.

Ive just moved onto Japanese items, my first love is USMC items and always will be. It was a logical move to start looking into the Japanese warrior, Im totally fascinated by their history and bravery.

Thanks for looking at the pic, more to come later

Very nice display.

I too have become interested in WWII Japanese militaria and just acquired a lot of items that a US soldier brought back from post-war Japan.

I have also recently started a sand collection and have landing beach samples from Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Bougainville and Peleliu.

Very nice display.

I too have become interested in WWII Japanese militaria and just acquired a lot of items that a US soldier brought back from post-war Japan.

I have also recently started a sand collection and have landing beach samples from Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Bougainville and Peleliu.

Sounds very cool Stony and love the idea of the sand !

Let us know when you get a display up , I would very much like to see it

My most favourite piece, a Tanto vet bring back from

The Pacific. No information on the vet but the blade is made by Soshu Tsuna Hiro, its not named but Im told its a very typical style of his. Very high quality with just a fantastic blade thats so razor sharp, the blade has been stone polished.

post-186017-0-18807000-1566383135.jpeg

post-186017-0-95800700-1566383141.jpeg

Very nice swords Leo. :love:

Could we see some more pix of your late 1944 pattern shin-gunto? I am particularly interested in the hilt and binding. In my experience these often have oddly wrapped binding that is sometimes loose-goosey wrapped in odd patterns while others are lacquered and some are not, etc. At any rate there are enough of these to make one wonder what was going on with them.

I have one that was part of a veteran bring-back grouping with perhaps a similar grip.

Japanese swords.JPG

Very nice swords Leo. :love:

Could we see some more pix of your late 1944 pattern shin-gunto? I am particularly interested in the hilt and binding. In my experience these often have oddly wrapped binding that is sometimes loose-goosey wrapped in odd patterns while others are lacquered and some are not, etc. At any rate there are enough of these to make one wonder what was going on with them.

I have one that was part of a veteran bring-back grouping with perhaps a similar grip.

Thanks Sarge for the kind words on the collection, I feel I have some nice examples now of vet being back combat carried swords.

Finally some shelving for my items

Very nice display and swords,does your m32 helmet have tapes and a liner,if so can you please post a few photos of the inside? Thanks in advance. Bill.

Very nice display and swords,does your m32 helmet have tapes and a liner,if so can you please post a few photos of the inside? Thanks in advance. Bill.

Hi Shemp h

Thanks for the nice comments

I’ll post the inside pics for you tonight, there are a few names and unit markings. Would be great to get some feedback on the names etc if anyone could help

Thanks for posting the closeups of your 1944 pattern sword Leo. As I expected it does have the oddly wrapped bindings and retains the Menuki grip ornaments even with the damage and odd wrap. If this was just random postwar damage done by say US servicemen one would expect the grip ornaments to be missing. However, the Menuki are almost always still there after the different styles and material of the grip binding. Very odd but consistent with what I have seen over time.