A minefield of TR uniforms on the garage floor.

Bob Hudson

Got a call about a collection being liquidated and was able to photograph some of it. I bought the stuff he said was repro. As I understand it this is supposed to be the "real" stuff:

1.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

1d.jpg

1e.jpg

There were other things I did not photograph.

There was also a big stack of repros and some Vietnam-era US items (those I can figure out - the many styles and variants of German uniforms is over my head).

I just changed the title of this thread to reflect the fact that for someone like me, confronting all of that for sale at once is a minefield.

I have one more set of photos: of what he said was a reproduction custom handmade SS uniform:

4.jpg

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

#5 SS fez has an authentic skull & eagle. Nice pickup!

I only picked up the repros and US things: with things like an SS parka valued at $3,000 it's a minefield if you don't know what you're doing, and I don't.

I only picked up the repros and US things: with things like an SS parka valued at $3,000 it's a minefield if you don't know what you're doing, and I don't.

Gotchya, I know what you mean. Thats why I stick with patches, uniforms scare me. But certainly his "real" Hermann Goering wrapper looks a bit suspicious to me.

The British Airborne Denison Smock is post-SWW.

I thought that might be UK. I bought a 46 BDU and some WWII British field gear

I think the wrapper is suspicious but the rest of the TR uniforms look like they have a shot. I would say the fez is the real deal as is the transitional helmet (although someone destroyed the value by trying to dig the tricolor out). The Denison smock looks like one I used to own that dated from the 1970s. These are still quite collectible for the connection to N. Ireland etc, but not nearly as valuable as their WWII counterparts. My 2 cents...

ps...you should post the TR uniforms on the WAF. They will tell you in a nanosecond if they are good, especially the wrapper.

ps...you should post the TR uniforms on the WAF. They will tell you in a nanosecond if they are good, especially the wrapper.

That, or they wont reply at all

I've found the best way to see if something is real on WAF is to post and it wait for the PMs trying to buy it to roll in

I've found the best way to see if something is real on WAF is to post and it wait for the PMs trying to buy it to roll in

Amen.

The wrap is a reproduction the guy had custom made.

# 3

Not sure that I have seen stitch work around the outline of the swastika on the back side and the cheese cloth material before on these type of armbands,,, but it is an Ortsgruppe Betriebs zellen obmann - 1939-45 Orts Level political leaders armband with blue piping..

This armband and uniform #9 would be a good match based on the political leader tabs with blue piping as well..

I believe this to be a good armband and I like the uniform in #9 as well

Leigh