Tarawa flag number 2

Green hell

This flag is part of the same Tarawa group as the pennant flag from my previous post (note same censor stamp on both flags). I resized the photos and tried to add them all to this post, but that didn't work, so I will have to post the remaining close-up photos in the future, as I am only allowed 3 posts until the night of the 23rd. I will add one more post with a close-up of the most amusing drawing on this flag, which is at about 5 o'clock relative to the sun. I believe it is a fart wafting from a butt (I guess that's what happens when you give your buddies a pen). There are several quirky drawings on this flag. At 2 o'clock relative to the butt, there is a rather peculiar drawing - not sure why this is on here. At 2 o'clock relative to the sun, and on the edge of the sun, there is an odd little face. At about 5 o'clock relative to the sun and partially obscured by the censor's stamp is the head of a geisha girl. And last, at 7 o'clock relative to the sun and on the edge of the flag is another geisha girl. I have never had this flag translated and would very much like to have it done, if anyone out there knows of a service who will translate WWII Kanji. Perhaps the translation will shed some light on the drawings?

post-189197-0-84347200-1566533205_thumb.jpg