Japanese sniper full body camouflage net

Leo

This was just too interesting to not buy,

Its a WW2 Japanese full body sniper net. Ive heard there was 2 variations, this being the first with foliage attached, then a tri colour one.

Ive only seen these in pics but it came out of a Japanese backpack in 1980 and has stayed with the seller Until now.

Apparently these where government issued, due to the fragile nature Im sure not many survived.

Has anyone else here got one, how rare are they

Leo,

Over the years I have had about 8 body nets....I wouldn't call them rare but rather harder to find depending upon which one you want. There were single color, tri color, nets with foliage or bits of cloth tied to them and even one with an extension that covered a helmet. Like other pieces or gear of equipment, there were multiple makers and the nets used different gauge string and patterns. Several years ago a large un-issued group was discovered in Japan and they have been on the market which has dropped the price of body nets considerably. You see some coming out of China which I assume are not period. Generally, if you lay the net on the floor and spread it out you will see a "v" shape cut out on one end that would be where it tied around the neck. Nice picture of a soldier wearing one....

Leo,

Over the years I have had about 8 body nets....I wouldn't call them rare but rather harder to find depending upon which one you want. There were single color, tri color, nets with foliage or bits of cloth tied to them and even one with an extension that covered a helmet. Like other pieces or gear of equipment, there were multiple makers and the nets used different gauge string and patterns. Several years ago a large un-issued group was discovered in Japan and they have been on the market which has dropped the price of body nets considerably. You see some coming out of China which I assume are not period. Generally, if you lay the net on the floor and spread it out you will see a "v" shape cut out on one end that would be where it tied around the neck. Nice picture of a soldier wearing one....

Hi tiger

Thanks for the info

Im guessing this is the V you are talking about

post-186017-0-51740300-1567846105_thumb.jpeg

Yep, that appears to be the place. Multi color with foliage...nice ! The colors used on the nets were essentially the same colors used to paint camo patterns on tanks and other equipment.

Yep, that appears to be the place. Multi color with foliage...nice ! The colors used on the nets were essentially the same colors used to paint camo patterns on tanks and other equipment.

Thanks Tiger

Ill show some pics when it arrives