Commando Hubert patch

Tonomachi

I bought this as an unknown as I didn't think the description given (1970s US Amphibious Assault Battalion) was correct. There is no such battalion the closest thing that I could find is a USMC Assault Amphibian Battalion that operate off of USN ships. The patch didn't look USMC and I thought it might have something to do with UDT due to the stick of dynamite and sword in the hands of the alligator. It looked like it had a little age to it being embroidery on wool. I sent photos of this patch to a friend who to my surprise identified it as an early French Commando Hubert patch. The same Commando Hubert who were in the news recently (May 9 & 10th, 2019) where they assaulted an Islamic Terrorist Camp in Burkima Faso to free two French citizens who had been kidnapped from Benin. They stumbled upon and incredibly no one knew about two additional kidnap victims an American and South Korean women being held captive by the same group. The American was in the process of being turned over to Al Qaeda. They killed four terrorists and rescued four kidnap victims but tragically lost two of their own team members Cedric de Pierrepont 32 and Alan Bertoncello 27. These heroes gave their lives to rescue their citizens and the citizens of other countries from harms way.

post-185261-0-04042700-1568255104_thumb.jpg

post-185261-0-39034700-1568255150_thumb.jpg