269 embroidered shoulder loops any ID?

Old Marine

Can anyone tell me what these are? Are they German Regimental numbers? WWI, WWII, Reproductions? Any information, opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis

post-185204-0-20135300-1572045890_thumb.jpg

Well, I don't know what the patch is for, but I would say this isn't a very modern repro, if it isn't original. Nice chain stitching. But it has a used/worn look that modern repros don't tend to have. Could be a repro from the 70s or 80s, though, and be older looking by now (Now, I'm not admitting I'm getting to the vintage stage, though! Just all the toys I grew up playing with!)

Also, on a repro, I would say that you wouldn't tend to use the same thread from the front embroidery to close up the back. Just my thoughts. Look forward to someone who knows what it is for finding this and posting!

• 5 weeks later...
Jack the Collector

Infantry slip on shoulder tabs for the 269th Infantry regiment.

I state in my intro I am a computer idiot.....well an early example.Did not notice my keyboard batteries went dead while replying....need to learn to proof read before I hit enter.What I had omit is I really have never seen the underside stitched in that manner on WW2 era slides.I have no knowledge if they used the in WW1

Going on the assumption they are real. In WWI I think there was only a reserve regiment, Reserve Infanterie Regiment Nr 269, Prussian I believe, don't think they wore the slip on tabs in WWI did they! just the number embroidered on the shoulder strap itself.

Now for WWII, the Infanterie Regiment 269 that was a Spanish Regiment, in the Blue Division, the 250. Infanterie Division. White Waffenfarbe was also used for Landesschützen Battalions,and there was a Landesschützen Battalion 269, formed in Pomerania in Wehrkreis II but these units had a capital L on their shoulder straps and or slip ons like these here and here.

So if anyone comes up with another White Waffenfarbe wearing unit that bore a number 269, that leaves the Spanish Inf Regt 269, and if real would make them rare.

Hello Patches, thank you for the information. I looked and found nothing about a Whermacht 269th but never though to look at a Regiment of the Blue Division. You never know where this stuff will lead, its an amazing hobby. I think you may be right.

A few months ago I picked up these loops in a trade. A pile of my duplicates and things for a pile of mixed random international pieces from a local picker. These 269th loops were in the lot as well as this Spanish Fascist badge. I just figured these loops were whermacht and would never have thought that the Blue Badge and the shoulder loops would have any connection to each other.

Maybe it's just a coincidence that the loops and the badge ended up in the same lot. But, with both these pieces showing up in the same lot I think this helps to confirm your research that these loops are very possibly for the Spanish 269th Regiment.

Thank you for your generous sharing of information. I appreciate it.

Thanks

Dennis

post-185204-0-52419900-1574897316_thumb.jpg

Hello Patches, thank you for the information. I looked and found nothing about a Whermacht 269th but never though to look at a Regiment of the Blue Division. You never know where this stuff will lead, its an amazing hobby. I think you may be right.

A few months ago I picked up these loops in a trade. A pile of my duplicates and things for a pile of mixed random international pieces from a local picker. These 269th loops were in the lot as well as this Spanish Fascist badge. I just figured these loops were whermacht and would never have thought that the Blue Badge and the shoulder loops would have any connection to each other.

Maybe it's just a coincidence that the loops and the badge ended up in the same lot. But, with both these pieces showing up in the same lot I think this helps to confirm your research that these loops are very possibly for the Spanish 269th Regiment.

Thank you for your generous sharing of information. I appreciate it.

Thanks

Dennis

Amazing.