Recent Find KS98 Dress Bayonet Luftwaffe? Personalized bayonet

Navybean

Recent Find K98 Bayonet Luftwaffe Personalized. I found this last week, appears to be Luftwaffe as it appears to have a Luft Eagle? Helmet is on the other side. Great looking blade.

post-185194-0-39118900-1572124542.jpg

post-185194-0-67944000-1572124552.jpg

post-185194-0-79972100-1572124558.jpg

Is there a maker Navybean? Yes, it is a private purchase "In Rememberance of My Time in Service" short KS98 bayonet for the Luftwaffe. The early "droop tail" Luftwaffe eagle dates it to pre-war and the short model was manufactured for NCOs. The short models are harder to find.

Congratulations!

Is there a maker Navybean? Yes, it is a private purchase "In Rememberance of My Time in Service" short KS98 bayonet for the Luftwaffe. The early "droop tail" Luftwaffe eagle dates it to pre-war and the short model was manufactured for NCOs. The short models are harder to find.

Congratulations!

Thanks great information thanks for the input. the maker mark is below. thanks

post-185194-0-16661300-1572190847.jpg

Your bayonet is a Klass Nr.208 "Eigentums-Seitengewehr" 20cm Klinge according to their catalog. The price at the factory was RM4.30 without shipping. It is worth a bit more now as second hand goods.

I hope this is helpful.

• 1 month later...

Condition is good, I see these bring pretty good money. But the prices are all over the place

Yeah this is the first one I have had. I have not seen a similar piece locally anyway