"BYF 44" 98K

Mschmitt1994

For my first post on this forum, I thought it would be neat to share pictures of my "BYF 44" 98K rifle. It is a matching numbers vet bring back with a very well done "duffel cut" under the front band. I hear a lot of people not liking the duffel cut on their rifles but I personally like it as I think it adds to the history of the rifle.

post-190803-0-26759700-1574033371.jpg

post-190803-0-78660700-1574033381.jpg

post-190803-0-86119200-1574033389.jpg

A nice carbine and I tend to agree with you about the duffel bag cut. The GI cut is a part of the history of your particular rifle. While it does negatively affect the value it makes it more interesting IMHO.

Nice rifle and it shows the ingenuity of our Soldiers wanting to bring trophies home in their duffel bags and what they did to make sure they could bring the items home..

Well done

Leigh

Thanks guys! I got lucky here, the vet that brought it back carefully cut it where it would be hidden by the front band and then fixed it when he got home. I’ve seem some out there that looks like they took an axe to it.

• 8 months later...

I´ve never heard the term "duffle cut" before. Just searched the net and found hundreds of pictures etc. of it, lol. I´m learning something new every day.