General Assault Badge

SARGE

Gents,

I have had this General Assault badge for some time but it is not maker marked. The pin attachment is very distinctive and may help identify the maker. Anyone know who made this badge?

General Assault Badge.JPG

General Assault Badge reverse.JPG

Many thanks for the link!

Yes, This is the same General Assault Badge. The deep dish zinc back and the distinctive pin are identical. I have had this badge for years and could not identify the maker until today with your help. A Biedermann & Company zinc badge for sure.

The latest train of thought on these is that they are an unknown maker. Since Frank's book more research has been done and the link to Biedermann has not been proven. Anyway, your badge is a nice original!

Thanks for the updated information Jeff. These zinc badges tend to degrade over time. I suppose I can take comfort in the fact that the zinc rivets holding the pin assembly are still undamaged and in good order. It is a very attractive badge and I do like it very much as a variation.

It is a very nice piece Sarge. Generally only the finish deteriorates over time. A light coating of vaseline will keep the badge from getting the dreaded white zinc pest.

• 4 weeks later...