Best American Gun/Antique Arms Shows

PeterSuciu

A very nice article Peter. You really did capture what each show is about... their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, I have been going to SOS for over 20 years and would not miss it for the world. I have also gone to Tulsa over many years and I get tired of walking about 3/4 of the way through when my feet (clad in very expensive New Balance walking shoes BTW) start to give out. You are right on the money.

But, don't forget the smaller shows. This is where stuff comes out of the woodwork. Always support the small local shows because if the promoter can't make a profit you won't have these small shows any more.

Jack the Collector

A very nice article Peter. You really did capture what each show is about... their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, I have been going to SOS for over 20 years and would not miss it for the world. I have also gone to Tulsa over many years and I get tired of walking about 3/4 of the way through when my feet (clad in very expensive New Balance walking shoes BTW) start to give out. You are right on the money.

But, don't forget the smaller shows. This is where stuff comes out of the woodwork. Always support the small local shows because if the promoter can't make a profit you won't have these small shows any more.

So very true what Sarge has said,smaller shows have no fear from the internet like retail stores....small shows for me are about getting new toys,,,,,no doubt.But there is also that feeling of camaraderie.Big shows I feel more like a sheep being herded to he next table.imho