General Photos Topic For 1950 to Todays Bw, Please Add Yours Here.

patches

• 1 month later...

Troops of an unknown unit either getting ready to board or have gotten off a Piasecki H-21 Shawnee Helicopter in the early 60s. I wonder if they called the Chopper what the GIs called it, the Flying Banana, Die Fliegende Banane emoticonlaugh.png.c8ea42946babe02834e493f617157398.png

bw ban.PNG

Yes they did! The depicted soldiers are equipped with the 1st type of Bw gas mask can (WH type covered with OD cloth) so I assume the photo must have been taken in the mid/late 1950´s. Nice one!

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Do you mean the dismounting of the Jaeger from the M113? "Absitzen!"

Sorry, I mean the BW title of the U.S. M113 Armored Personnel Carrier, the German nomenclature.

• 4 weeks later...

You are correct patches. The first 3 fingers gloves for wear with the combat uniform were made of splinter camo cloth and leather inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Generalmajor Graf Wolf von Baudissin, Graf Baudissin was in the Africa Corps in WWII, a Hauptman i.G .and wound up being captured by the Aussies, interesting point is he was sent to Camp in Australia, would of just thought they would send him to England right  

n.jpg

Excellent photo of Graf von Baudissin with 1st pattern Bw combat dress. The white strap at the hat and the white armband was worn by exercise staff personnel. Thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...

Berliner Militärmusikfest 2011. We see the NATO Member States Bands all joining in with the BW's Bands for a rendition of Alte Kameraden. All excert the Highlanders the Pipes wouldn't sound right in this instance LOL, yes they just stand at attention while the other bands march through them.

• 2 months later...

1949,U.S. British and French Army MPs but not the German, not Bundeswehr obviously, or Bundesgrenzschutz as they were only formed 16 March 1951.. So a municipal Berlin Cop, a Civilian Policeman right?

brand.PNG

Berlin Police in all likelihood.  That is the Berlin gate behind them.  Looks like he is carrying a P.38 pistol.