Italeri 1/35 M47 built as the Royal Tiger Command Tank in the 1965 movie Battle of the Bulge

patches

Just seen this, I thought it was pretty cool, clever take, the figure for Oberst Martin Hessler is from that old 1968 Tamiya Panzer Crew kit, like theee very first kits Tamiya ever released.

TAM00035001_0_d.jpg

post-185125-0-90717700-1576031111_thumb.jpg

Thanks Patches. This is a very well built replica of the King Tigers of the Battle of the Bulge movie. Great movie, great cast and always a pleasure to watch.

Semper Fi.

Manny

That's pretty cool. Lars is right the tank crew has a very nice paint job on some simplistic figures. Years ago a friend of mine painted up an M48 in Afrika Korps yellow and markings like the ones from thefrom the Patton Movie.

Thanks for posting it.

That's pretty cool. Lars is right the tank crew has a very nice paint job on some simplistic figures. Years ago a friend of mine painted up an M48 in Afrika Korps yellow and markings like the ones from thefrom the Patton Movie.

Thanks for posting it.

Wow what a great idea that was. I would of loved to see that.

post-185125-0-95249600-1576200052_thumb.jpg

That is a great weathering job on that Pz III ausf F. It looks like its been in a couple of battles in the North African desert. Very nice.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Perfect, just perfect! When I watch the movie I just pretend the tanks were period correct.

I'd love to see Spielberg or some of equal skill resurrect the movie with CGI magic and correct faults such as the vehicles. There's number of good scenes and story lines in it.

Perfect, just perfect! When I watch the movie I just pretend the tanks were period correct.

I'd love to see Spielberg or some of equal skill resurrect the movie with CGI magic and correct faults such as the vehicles. There's number of good scenes and story lines in it.

I understand what you mean. In one of my favorite movies, The Guns of Navarone, they use M-20 Scout Cars with German markings.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 3 months later...

I understand what you mean. In one of my favorite movies, The Guns of Navarone, they use M-20 Scout Cars with German markings.

Semper Fi.

Manny

At least that is not entirely historically incorrect...:)

post-185141-0-83391100-1585827252.jpg

post-185141-0-29449500-1585827269.jpg

No the M20 Scout Cars were made up to look like German Armoured Cars(Sd. Kfz. 221, 222, 247), as part of their armoured car corps.

Are you talking about the ones used in the movie?

The M8 is the version with turret, the M20 has no turret.

M8's used in 'Guns of Navarone' were loaned from the Greek army (many extras were Greek soldiers). After years of outside storage and neglect many of these Greek M8's were released for public sale and most are restored and in collector's hands all over the world now.

Scene from GoN:

post-185141-0-37360800-1586421789_thumb.jpg

Typical condition of the ex-Greek M8's:

post-185141-0-19014400-1586421871.jpg

If you were lucky it came with the original engine.

You know you're right, I don't know what made me think of the M20 scout car. Especially when I even made a diorama with the M8 Greyhound. LOL. Yes that was the one that was used in GoN.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 year later...

Memorable quote! I realize there are many inaccuracies in that movie, but I've always loved watching it. It also brings back memories of watching it with my Dad back in the late 60's and 70's. Maybe I'll pop that bad boy on tonight!

Hey Patches, its a miracle you didn't have your avatar sing 'Panzerlied'. This is always a great movie to watch around Dec. 16, just like "Battleground".

Semper Fi.

Manny