Your Collection Displays - Let's see them!

RustyCanteen

The title says it all, you collect so how about sharing your collecting with all of us here at the forum? Feel free to start a thread to showcase your personal collection, and that way you can post updates as you gain new additions.

An excellent idea for a thread Rusty. And, a really focused collection, and an attractive display, of your RAF/Commonwealth uniform collection Scarecrow. I think the sky blue walls with billowy clouds background is neat.

Here is a small display that I put together on behalf of the Kansas City Military Collector Club (KCMCC) for the Kansas City Veterans Salute in 2018. This celebration is put on by the Mid-Continent Public Library System & Genealogy Center every year. These are all World War I period identified US uniforms since the theme of the celebration last year was the end of WWI in 1918. Telling the stories of these men who fought in WWI was part of the pleasure of lugging these uniforms and forms around as well as setting up and tearing down a public display. It was well worth the time and trouble in the end.

Vet salute display 2.JPG

Vet salute mess dress.JPG

Vet salute 1895 uniform.JPG

Vet salute Col uniform.JPG

Vet salute blue cap.JPG

Vet salute Burris cap.JPG

Vet salute SATC hat.JPG

An excellent idea for a thread Rusty. And, a really focused collection, and an attractive display, of your RAF/Commonwealth uniform collection Scarecrow. I think the sky blue walls with billowy clouds background is neat.

Thanks sarge, but the blue walls and billoway clouds was my wife's idea (and painting skills).

Sarge,

Great display! I have an affinity for visor caps, probably have close to 150 in my collection, so I especially like the dress blue one!

What is the uniform with the roll collar and the patch pockets? Thanks for showing.

Sarge,

Great display! I have an affinity for visor caps, probably have close to 150 in my collection, so I especially like the dress blue one!

What is the uniform with the roll collar and the patch pockets? Thanks for showing.

Thanks for your kudos and question. The blue cap belongs with the blue M1895 Officer uniform. This fellow fought with Pershing on the Mexican Border in the Punitive Expedition and then served in France during WWI. The khaki uniform with the roll collar and patch pockets is a SATC (Student Army Training Corps) uniform. These men were soldiers who had been inducted into the army but were still attending college awaiting call up to fight in the 1919 Spring offensive in France. A rather obscure and scarce WWI uniform that retained the earlier cut of the roll collar and patch pockets.

SATC coat.JPG

SATC coat chest.JPG

SATC coat collar.JPG

SATC coat label.JPG

SATC hat.JPG

SATC hat stitching.JPG

SATC hat label.JPG

Awesome displays and collections, WOW.

@Eric, can you tell me pls. what do you think is the color of the FJ helmet on the splinter camo photo. Is it white or dark yellow?

A very nice display showing his progression from an early Army parachutist to the later Luftwaffe FJ service. Very rare.

@Scarecrow: Regarding pictures of your awesome collection again I noticed an U.S.A. tab on one uniform´s left sleeve. Could you provide some more informations on this specific tab? Thank you!

Here are a few of mine. I have 6 full mannequins and 7 torso mannequins. Since I collect modern militaria, all my mannequins at this time are US Special Forces or US Special Operations related.

post-566-0-32738400-1495659996.jpg

46457842_1929693873790134_4417795518055317504_n.jpg

post-566-0-17198700-1511760156.jpg