NSBO Cloth Insignia for review

ed101

Jack the Collector

The Civil/paramilitary groups of the 3rd Reich are a double edged sword.As for your piece,I have one red flag otherwise it looks good to me as well....mind you not having it in hand I can't be 100% only 75% sure.The rayon is correct for this item.The red flag is the Ges.Gesch.The majority of the time when you see Ges.Gesch on civil/para cloth it is a fake.THERE ARE A FEW EXCEPTIONS.I am looking through my files to see if yours should be marked.I understand I am new here with no reputation built yet,so this item will be a start.I will have an answer in a day or 2.

The Civil/paramilitary groups of the 3rd Reich are a double edged sword.As for your piece,I have one red flag otherwise it looks good to me as well....mind you not having it in hand I can't be 100% only 75% sure.The rayon is correct for this item.The red flag is the Ges.Gesch.The majority of the time when you see Ges.Gesch on civil/para cloth it is a fake.THERE ARE A FEW EXCEPTIONS.I am looking through my files to see if yours should be marked.I understand I am new here with no reputation built yet,so this item will be a start.I will have an answer in a day or 2.

hello Jack and welcome. I am new to this venue as well. I appreciate your input. Doyler suggested a black light, wouldn't rayon , even old rayon, "glow" under black light?? I am always learning.

Jack the Collector

Ed,found the file I was looking for rather quickly......my son keeps nagging me to put my files on a computer disk,but I am not ready to step into the 21st century. Indeed the NSBO insignia that you have should be marked as such.Later black versions like yours should not.Now to address the black light.You must always remember that a blacklight is just one of many tools,it is not an absolute.I have a vet acquired BDM Kletter jacket that glows like a 1000 watt bulb yet it is right as rain.The vet told me it was very dirty when he scooped it up to bring some "nazi crap" home.When I got it from him,it was clean.The reason it glowed is his wife washed it and laundry detergents then contained phosphorus.Phosphorus will make a garment glow.

Ed,found the file I was looking for rather quickly......my son keeps nagging me to put my files on a computer disk,but I am not ready to step into the 21st century. Indeed the NSBO insignia that you have should be marked as such.Later black versions like yours should not.Now to address the black light.You must always remember that a blacklight is just one of many tools,it is not an absolute.I have a vet acquired BDM Kletter jacket that glows like a 1000 watt bulb yet it is right as rain.The vet told me it was very dirty when he scooped it up to bring some "nazi crap" home.When I got it from him,it was clean.The reason it glowed is his wife washed it and laundry detergents then contained phosphorus.Phosphorus will make a garment glow.

Thank you much! I remember that about detergents...