Question on Uniforms in Photo

ed101

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but the question is about uniforms. Specifically this. On the officer second from the right, there is an insignia that I can not make out on the left arm just above the elbow. What insignia would be worn there? Also, there is an insignia just below the elbow on the sleeve of the speaker on the podium, what would be worn in that position? If you can add any information on what you see in the photo, it would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

post-188730-0-25691300-1578888969_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The white stripe on the speaking officer´s uniform sleeve seems to be a piece of paper he put in the cuff of his left sleeve. Common practice back then.

On my PC the "insignia" on the upper left sleeve of the officer second from right looks like white spots on the photo. There´s one more white spot on the officer´s uniform far right, isn´t it?

The white stripe on the speaking officer´s uniform sleeve seems to be a piece of paper he put in the cuff of his left sleeve. Common practice back then.

On my PC the "insignia" on the upper left sleeve of the officer second from right looks like white spots on the photo. There´s one more white spot on the officer´s uniform far right, isn´t it?

I see. Thank you, now I understand.