1/35 80-cm Railway Gun "Schwerer Gustav" / "Dora"

Proud Kraut

A friend of mine asked me for help with a modeling project. I thought this is a good chance to post some pictures and informations about the largest 1/35 scale kit available. The modeling company is Soar Art. He bought the kit some years ago for more than 500,- Euro. The kit contains of nearly 100 sprues with about 3000 parts. He´s now working for more than a year on the kit. I`ll start with some pictures of the box and the railway gun which is nearly completed. Notice the space you need to build such a model, it´s almost a complete room.

Do1.jpg

Do2.jpg

Do3.jpg

I`ll help him painting and weathering the gun. I also will provide some figures. Really looking forward to be a part of the Dora-Team now.

Do4.jpg

Do5.jpg

Do6.jpg

WOW! That is huge. I reminds me of the double guns used in the movie "The Guns of Navarone". That gun is huge but it looks like its coming along nicely.

Good luck and keep posting the pics. 'Dora' is looking like a real "Explorer". :rolleyes:

Semper Fi.

Manny

It had a crew of what, 500 men? the firing crew, So start buying and building the figures :lol:

You'll need dozens and dozens of this kit, the conversions of which will be nearly infinite :D

post-185125-0-86365000-1580526216_thumb.jpg

WOW! That is huge. I reminds me of the double guns used in the movie "The Guns of Navarone". That gun is huge but it looks like its coming along nicely.

Good luck and keep posting the pics. 'Dora' is looking like a real "Explorer". :rolleyes:

Semper Fi.

Manny

thumb-1920-823507.jpg

• 6 months later...

I got the info that the Dora was completed last month during my holidays. I haven´t seen it finished yet but received a picture of it which I modified for you. Now it´s waiting for it´s showcase.

D-4.jpg