San Marino Order of Saint Agatha Ribbon with Crowns

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

I am trying to ID the ribbon with two crowns above the Korean Ribbon, toward the bottom center. I thought it would be Italian, but have had no luck locating anything close to it yet!

DSCN2979.jpg

vostoktrading

The yellow-white-red ribbon with the two crowns is the San Marino order of Saint Agatha, knight grade (lowest of five grades). I don't know what the crowns represent. It was awarded to foreign nationals who have positively contributed charitable and other services to the benefit of the republic and deserving recognition. Maybe the crowns indicate it was actually the Grand Cross? (highest of the five grades). The reference I'm looking at has a rossette with gold "wings" on either side for the Grand Cross ribbon. Maybe this took the place of the crowns when they went communist after WW2? Don't know, just speculating.

San Marino was liberated by the British Army in September 1944 - 4th Indian Division, Royal Lincolnshire, York & Lancs, Queen's Own Camerons, 1/9 Gurkhas, 4/11 Sikh.

I was thinking maybe this American ribbonholder must have come later during the occupation, before the Korean War.

Nice ribbons.

Jon.